I get immense joy out of teaching photographers how to become better shooters. Through my online courses, private lessons, classes, and workshops, I have been fortunate to meet thousands of wonderful people who have given me the opportunity to help them reach that next level in their photography endeavors.
I have spent many years as a photography instructor honing my skills for conveying topics clearly. Years that have helped me become very in-tune to my students' needs and how each person learns. This has resulted in my teaching style that is incredibly thorough but easy to follow.
My time in the field as a professional photographer has served as a constant classroom for my own education. My style and approach to photography has evolved a lot since I first picked up a camera in 1999 but one constant has remained the same: I always seek to be better, more technically proficient, and to create stronger images. Photography is my passion, plain and simple. Whether I'm taking pictures for a client, pursuing a personal project, delivering a course, or making my next YouTube video, I do it with a deep love for the art form.
I've been teaching photography professionally since 2008 with experience in private lessons, online courses, outdoor photography workshops and seminars in a classroom-type setting. I have experience teaching groups ranging in size from 2 students to over a hundred.
Here are some statistics regarding my experience as a photography instructor:
- Over 1,500 online course students in over 30 countries
- Over 1,200 hours classroom instruction delivered
- Over 3,500 hours of private lessons delivered
- Over 750 previous private lesson clients
- Dozens of photography workshops delivered throughout Southern California
I picked up my first camera at age 12 in 1999 and have pursued photography with gusto ever since. I have been shooting film since 1999 and I have been shooting with digital since 2002. I currently use both mediums in my professional and personal work.
I've been shooting professionally since 2006 with experience in commercial architectural photography, nature, landscapes, editorial, advertising, portraits, event photography, fine art, and assisting. I am a published photographer and writer with my work appearing in the following publications:
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine
- Coast Magazine
- OrangeCounty.com Magazine
- Travel + Leisure Magazine
- Sunset Magazine
- Coastal Living Magazine
- Runner's World Magazine
- Best Easy Day Hikes Orange County
- OC Weekly
My fine art landscape photography has also appeared in the following venues:
- Artist Eye Gallery - Laguna Beach, CA
- Harland Brewing - San Diego, CA
- Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Center - Del Mar, CA
- The Irvine Fine Arts Center - Irvine, CA
- Bistango Restaurant - Irvine, CA
- Judicate West Corporate Offices - Santa Ana, CA
I currently work as commercial architectural photographer while I continue teaching through my online courses. You can learn more about me and my photography trips over at my YouTube channel.